So…this happened today…
Hubert (Hubi) Hurkacz was summoned to do a press conference after his win today against Thomas Fabbiano. When he got there, there were no journalists on the Zoom, so he just sat in awkward silence, waiting. After a bit, he was allowed to leave.
He was cool about it. Polite and laughed it off. Turns out, this was an ill-communicated press conference and there were no journalists in the Zoom! That’s unfortunate because you have the winner of the last Masters 1000 event in front of you. He’s not one of the Big Three, or a trouble maker who makes a fool of himself on court. If you ask me, that makes him more interesting! I would have a lot to ask! I want to know more!
Tiny confession…my human is half Polish, so we are huge fans of anything that is from Poland! We make sure Grandma knows that Poland is being proudly represented on both the men’s and women’s tennis tours. I like Hurkacz, Kubot and Swiatek! And the others!
Anyway, I thought maybe I could right this wrong, and interview him, myself! Now, I know it takes two people to conduct an interview and I haven’t been in touch with Hubi. I’ve never been to journalism school, so some of my questions might not fit into a traditional press conference room setting, but seeing how the other journalists had ZERO questions, I figured I’d try my paw at an interview! Here we go!
- How did you feel you played on court today?
2. It took three sets to secure your win? Was there any point in the match when you thought you’d lose?
3. You had your first Masters 1000 win in Miami last week! Congratulations! What did you do to celebrate?
4. With only a week between tournaments, how do you find the transition from hard court to clay courts?
5. Are you a fan of clay? What’s your favorite shot on clay?
6. What’s your favorite tournament and why?
7. How often do you get to go home to Poland?
8. I see that you were born and raised in Wroclaw! That is one of my favorite cities! Do you have a favorite gnome?
9. You play Dan Evans next. What do you think of him as a person? Are you friends with him on tour?
10. How will you prepare for the match?
OK, well thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and good luck with the rest of the tournament!
Until next time, Furriends….
Follow me on Twitter: @fraziersracket
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fraziersracket